When we think of classrooms we think of desks, chairs, bulletin boards, books, computers, and students.
Let's keep thinking because the ways of God are also expressed...
- Beauty / creativity should adorn a classroom in plants, animals, color, texture, sounds.
- Community / relationships expressed in friendships, teachers, older to younger, parent helpers
- Order is found in patterns, rhythms, structure, seasons, sunrise/sunsets
- Authority is established in parents, teachers, coaches, school board
- Holiness in reading The Bible, class prayer, worship
The classroom is an environment that children spend countless hours in. Let’s make it a sanctuary to God. In a Christian school we can go beyond academics to capture not only the ways of God, but also His very presence. Wow!